Search This Blog

Just Juliet by Charlotte Reagan

Sunday, February 3, 2019
The coming out story that will completely change the way you look at love.

Juliet represents the road less traveled. Will Lena take it?
Lena Newman is 17, her best friend’s a cheerleader, her boyfriend’s a football player, and as far as everyone is concerned, her life is sorted. But that’s before she befriends the new girl. Juliet is confident, slightly damaged, drop-dead gorgeous and a lesbian.

Lena realizes that her interest goes beyond just friendship. She sets off on a path of self-discovery where the loyalty of those closest to her will be tested.

"It feels real without being tedious, and heart-warming without being sappy. It's not all roses, and it's not all doom and gloom. It's great.” - Jon

"Just Juliet is the story I wish I could have given to my parents to read when I was 16 so that they knew what I was going through." - Caro M.

Goodreads Summary

Lena is a girl filled with uncertainties. She isn't quite sure why she and her boyfriend don't have that "spark." She is not sure what career she wants to aim for. When she sees Juliet, she realizes that Juliet may be the key to at least one of those queries. Juliet's and Lena's relationship starts off more as a sweet crush and then gradually develops into something more. I liked that the author didn't make the romance the all-consuming plot point. I liked that the author kept true to Lena's bisexuality. She didn't sideline it or make it fulfill any stereotypes. It's rare to find a good book that accurately portrays bisexuality.

Lena's character was fun and quirky. Juliet seemed to fit into her personality seamlessly. I could picture the two in real life. I liked that true teen struggles were in the book. It isn't easy coming out to your friends, family, or even random people on the street. The author kept in "teenage tone" throughout the novel and the secondary characters were fleshed out and fit the story. I enjoyed the ending and loved the epilogue. I was happy for the characters.

4 Stars



This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ

0 comments: